Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idling and boiling coolent issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idling and boiling coolent issues

Installed a 92 FAST intake. Got the coolent crossover pipe and block offs for the back. Got everything put back together, and the car won't idle right, or staying running all the time. Also, the coolent wants to boil after 15-20 minutes. Car doesn't seem to run hot, but I can hear the coolent boiling and then spills over. I ran of with the cap off, so there shouldn' be any air in the system anywhere. Ideas???
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think the FAST has anything to do with it. I have the exact same setup as does basically everyone else with a FAST.

Look at the cooling system for the boiling over. Check for vacuum leaks for idle issues.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 98zonjuice
Installed a 92 FAST intake. Got the coolent crossover pipe and block offs for the back. Got everything put back together, and the car won't idle right, or staying running all the time. Also, the coolent wants to boil after 15-20 minutes. Car doesn't seem to run hot, but I can hear the coolent boiling and then spills over. I ran of with the cap off, so there shouldn' be any air in the system anywhere. Ideas???
Just because the cap is off doesn't mean there is no air in the system.

Top it off, leave the rad cap off, start the engine......then while its heating up quickly squeeze the top and bottom radiator hoses like you're priming a gas tank line. Do it like 20 times each. Even if it does splash up and out of the rad fil lcap while you're doing it. I did this a few weeks ago and it worked out all the air and the t-stat opened. It would not open while there was air in there and mine to started boiling out the cap.