Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor extension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default o2 sensor extension question

Installed my pacesetter LTs last night, and one of the o2 sensors wont reach on the passenger side. They gave me a bundle of wire, heatshrink and some butt connectors, does this count as an o2 extension? I thought that if there was any kind of resistance that the o2 sensor wouldnt work properly. Do i just cut and splice the wires together?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same **** when i bought my BBK longtubes, but i did buy myself a set of O2 Extensions from WS6store.com. I didnt want to go cutting and splicing into those wires but that it wat that stuff is for.

They dont cost very much and there simple plug in's. If you can wait a few day's, i would just order them.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

+1...I think they are two different lengths as well. I wouldn't wanna cut up my wiring harnes either.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 PM

I used the wires that came with the pacesetters, its running fine, i ran open headers for a night just to scare the friends and fouled my 02s tho so when i redo mine i will get extensions. you dont cut the harness just the wire on the 02 sensor so it can always be undone easily. there r 2 brown wires a black and white im not sure if i connected the browns properly but as i said it seems to be running fine.