Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Motor Mount Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default LS1 Motor Mount Question

Hey guys I just bought my 01 trans am ws6 a few weeks ago. And i noticed when you accelerate hard theres a squeak you can hear from inside the car. Also when you accelerate hard the exhaust bangs up under the car. It has pacesetter longtubes with 3 inch true duals. I believe the motor mount is the problem. The rubber part of the mount itself is relatively soft. I was wondering if one of you guys could tell me if its suppose to be firm or not. Mines so soft u can literally squeeze it. It has the consitency of softness of a aired up bicycle tire. Please leave some input or what you might think is the problem...
Old 04-03-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would say your motor mount bushings are probably past their prime. If you have to replace them you should upgrade to Polyurethane or Solid Motor Mounts. The polys will eliminate your Y-pipe banging on the floor and still allow a little cushion to help eliminate vibration. The solids transfer all vibration to the chassis. I'll be installing my poly's soon and a buddy and I did his 98 Z28 and we were satisfied with the results. No Banging what-so-ever. From what I've read on here, the solids aren't terrible to live with, but do add noticeable vibration. Good luck man...
Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The solids do add some vibration, but anyone who appreciates the feel of power (hopefully most LS1 owners), should be able to deal with it. If you want your car to be as close to a luxury car as possible, then just replace the stockers with new rubber mounts.