Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whistling from engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Tough Mudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your air conditioning work the way it's supposed to? I mean when you send the air to the vents, does it come out the vents? When you send it to the floor, does it blow out on the floor?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

^ Yea all of my air and vents work fine.

Some of you may be reading this thread and thinking it's time to give it a rest, but I just can't let it go. I made another discovery today... the sound seems louder inside of the car because the whistling is coming through the speakers. Now, I don't think it's JUST the speakers because you can hear it inside the engine bay too and it increases with the revs, but it is definitely magnified by the speakers.

I have heard some people say they can hear the engine through the speakers after new spark plug wires (I did put in MSD's recently) but the whistling started before I changed the plug wires. Maybe it was there and is now just magnified due to the plug wires/speakers.

Feel free to contribute, I refuse to lose this war against this annoying little whistle.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Hearing the whistle through the speakers is pretty common, thats normally from a bad ground to the radio or rca's ran too close to a power source. I've just recently starting hearing my speakers whining with the revs of the motor. Its probally been happening all along, just never paid that close of attention

Quick Reply: Whistling from engine