Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no gain with bbk ssi intake?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went over all the bolts and snuged them up and also did the tb bolts.
ill check the vac lines behind the intake tomorrow.
but wouldent a leak cause the car to run bad at idle?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Both intakes have their strengths and weaknesses but I bet most of you that say heat soak is a joke did the tb coolant bypass mod LOL!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bonestock99
Both intakes have their strengths and weaknesses but I bet most of you that say heat soak is a joke did the tb coolant bypass mod LOL!!!
No, there is actually little to no reason to do that.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bonestock99
I did that, but not to get the heat outta the TB. I did it more to eliminate the amount of spots you could possible get leaks. It cleans up the area around the TB plus gets you ready for a aftermarket TB without the coolant pipes.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike13
.. I have a Weiand/Lingenfelter on my turbo car, people said their crap, don't add power, etc I couldn't notice a difference in power but I did have to add fuel to bring my AFR's down. So if I'm adding fuel it means it's flowing more air for the same amount of boost.

If you have a MAF then that it isn't that cut and dry.

Originally Posted by mike13
sounds like a problem with the install, if you still have the MAF than I don't know how it can run rich. Also you said you took it to the track and it doesn't feel faster? What are your before and after times? Dyno-Proven GM LS1 thru LS7 Performance Parts book the picked up 27hp and 22ft lbs of torque over a LS1 manifold with heads, cam, exhaust.

You need to understand that the MAF uses calculated estimation for airmass reporting; it doesn't measure it all. ANYTHING that changes how or where air moves through the MAF will change the tune. Heck, you can spin a MAF 90 deg in it's original place in the pipe and it's cal will be screwed up...

FWIW, an LS6 will make about the same thing in the setup you cited above over the LS1 intake. I have watched no less than a half-dozen cars gain next to nothing with this BBK intake over their LS6 intakes. To be very specific, they usually lose a few tq digits down low and make 2-4 more up top. To add insult to injury it's very costly and often has seal issues (and hardware backing out)... The MOST I have seen one gain over an LS6 intake was 5rwhp, and that was against the LS6 baseline taken during the summer months. I have had massive fights in the past with leaky BBK TBs too. I just tell my customers to avoid them unless they have already purchased and installed them.

I'm not anti-aluminum, I'm anti-this-BBK-intake.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i put on the ls6 intake,headers, etc and my car feels no faster than when it was just lid/cutout car.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Frost
If you have a MAF then that it isn't that cut and dry.

You need to understand that the MAF uses calculated estimation for airmass reporting; it doesn't measure it all. ANYTHING that changes how or where air moves through the MAF will change the tune. Heck, you can spin a MAF 90 deg in it's original place in the pipe and it's cal will be screwed up...

FWIW, an LS6 will make about the same thing in the setup you cited above over the LS1 intake. I have watched no less than a half-dozen cars gain next to nothing with this BBK intake over their LS6 intakes. To be very specific, they usually lose a few tq digits down low and make 2-4 more up top. To add insult to injury it's very costly and often has seal issues (and hardware backing out)... The MOST I have seen one gain over an LS6 intake was 5rwhp, and that was against the LS6 baseline taken during the summer months. I have had massive fights in the past with leaky BBK TBs too. I just tell my customers to avoid them unless they have already purchased and installed them.

I'm not anti-aluminum, I'm anti-this-BBK-intake.
there you go not mention there throttle bodies always are always sticking hard,
..frost knows his **** take advise from him
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you running open loop or closed loop? If your closed loop, do you have any codes? If not your fueling should be fairly close. If your open loop, you need to find out where your AFR is. If it's way out of wack you likely have a leak.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by s346k
a vacuum leak after the maf will cause the car to run lean, not rich.
Actually 02's will see a lean but PCM will command RICH.!!!

Quick Reply: no gain with bbk ssi intake?????????????