Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing A/C Condenser

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009 | 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Question Removing A/C Condenser

Alright, long story short. The motor is out of my car right now, the whole front end is apart, the A/C system was previously removed from the car except the A/C condenser in front of the radiator. I know it only weighs a few pounds, but I really don't see any reason to put it back in if all it is is dead weight on the front.

So my question is, will there be any adverse effects leaving it out, other than the condenser not being there to block debris (I do still drive it on the street)? I really don't think so, but someone said something about it directing airflow to the radiator... Personally I'd think there would be better airflow to the radiator without the A/C condenser in front of it, but I'm posting on here to get your thoughts/opinions, so anything is appreciated.
Old 05-28-2009 | 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Get rid of it. I removed mine whit the rest of the A/C. No problems. Even more than weight you gain more air flow through the radiator.
Old 05-28-2009 | 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by conan
Get rid of it. I removed mine whit the rest of the A/C. No problems. Even more than weight you gain more air flow through the radiator.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking

Quick Reply: Removing A/C Condenser