Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle body causing a throttle position sensor code

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default throttle body causing a throttle position sensor code

I have a ptm 90mm throttle body that I bought brand new, it took my a while to get it installed cause my car was down. But now that it is installed the car throws the code for the throttle position sensor. I've changed the sensor out 3 times, and I get the same thing. The are also tries to die when I take off, once it tries to die I can push the peddle all the way down and it will die more. I have to let the peddle all the way out and let the car start to roll on its own then get back into the throttle. My tuner has tried everything he knows to fix it and now he thinks it could be the throttle body. Has anyone ever heard of this? I started to think maybe the throttle body is machined wrong where the sensor is and it is not getting enough vacuum to the sensor. Maybe I'm wrong and the sensor doesn't even need vacuum, but I can't think of anything else.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What is your TPS voltage set at, I think it should be around .5 volts closed, but you can do a search to find out. There should be a set screw that holds the throttle body lever up slightly. If the voltage is too low (.3v?) than you will need to raise the throttle. If its too high than lower the set screw. Also when you do this make sure you unplug your tps sensors with the car off, while it is unplugged go turn the key to the run position for 5-10 seconds. Now turn the key off and go plug your tps sensor back in as this will reset your tps back to 0.

Quick Reply: throttle body causing a throttle position sensor code