Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing radiator ... also a bad powersteering leak.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Replacing radiator ... also a bad powersteering leak.

Long story short my radiator has a crack in the side. Got a new one ordered for 150 bucks.

Anything I should worry about when I replace it? Tips, tricks?

Also, I have a horrible power steering leak. I cant tell where its coming from, I have put the car on jack stands all I see is fluid on everything around it. It drips from my fan. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the power steering i would first just wipe everything down and start the car to see if you see a leak. but since you said it was on the fan im thinking its a pretty bad leak that is shooting out, so if you dont see it dripping when the steering is static, have someone else turn the steering wheel (while the cars running obviously) all the way and hold it LIGHTLY against either the left or right lock (when you hear the pump strain). and when theyre doing it, it should leak to the point where you can see it. hope that helps
Old 06-15-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Cool, I am hoping its not an expensive fix. What do lines and a pump cost? What would it at the most cost me? Would I be able to fix it? (as in not need any super mechanical knowledge).

Thanks!