Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The longest LS6 intake install EVER!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think I will replace my valley cover at this point as I have invested waaaaaay too much time and money already. Oh, and no, the bolts have not come in yet.... I will be calling the dealer on monday! This has been over 2 weeks and i've had enough

Now I'm just worried something won't be right when I do get the bolts torqued down, like maybe gaskets not sealing, intake not fully seating due to coolant lines, or an endless list of other things. I just want my nightmare to be over. At leaset I'll be a pro at removing the intake if that is the case lol.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn takes me not even an hour off with the old in with the new
Old 07-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Default Done

Well, if anyone was waiting for an update, the bolt came in thursday, I torqued it down (with a torque qrench that wasnt broken) and she runs like a champ! Now onto headers... hopefully those will go a lot smoother.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
**** happens man. You learn a lot more by making mistakes even ifs its costly.

Yup, that's the best way to learn. Forget training, education, reading procedures...just dive in with a pair of vise grips and "learn a lot by making mistakes."

If this guy isn't running out to buy a Helms manual after all this, he hasn't learned a thing.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crainholio

Yup, that's the best way to learn. Forget training, education, reading procedures...just dive in with a pair of vise grips and "learn a lot by making mistakes."

If this guy isn't running out to buy a Helms manual after all this, he hasn't learned a thing.

The hands-on approach will teach more than a book will, but don't discount the value of a repair manual. Learning by the book will get you an ASE Master cert, yet you struggle with an oil change.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man OP I feel bad for you. I swapped my intakes out in 45 minutes on a sunday morning half asleep. Having no emissions gear pays off I guess. 44in-lb is a very small torque, especially with a 12" or more wrench. You can hit that with two fingers on a small box wrench. Glad to see you got it going again though.