Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 intake swap

we just finished up the intake swap on my buddy's 99 t/a. we finaly got all the vacuum problems fixed and finally took it on a test run the problem is it is idled at like 1000 rpm's maybe a little more so when you shift out of park it feels like the trans is fixing to break but once you get goin it wants to pull its self down the road the fast throttle body is closing all the way and its not throwing any codes. any ideas? second problem you can hammer it to the floor and it jus spits a sputters and falls on it's face w jus have stock ls1 injectors right now is that the problem or is it the computer need help please got to get this car runing thanks for the help
Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like theres a vacuum leak somewhere...thats the high idle.

Take some brake clean or carb cleaner and spray around the intake and find where the idle goes a little higher then youve found the leak.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with my engine idling high (about 800-1000RPM). Same thing, putting it into drive and it shifts there hard....at a stop it too wants to pull and start going without giving it gas. I have a GMPP LS2 crate motor, stock intake, drive by wire, with Edelbrock headers, nothing else added. Did you find a vacuum leak? Where? I have all my vacuum ports used or plugged (I thought anyway). Also, I had a similar problem when you gave it WOT. Found out the engine was not getting enough air in the cold air induction. Tried a different setup with a larger air filter...works well now, if I could only figure out the high idle thing. Shout out if you get it figured out! Thanks!