Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Air pump problems

I removed my air pump plumbing from the back of the engine in order to make work easier and remove a little clutter. However I didnt want the ses light on. So i left the pump on and just connected the suction end of the pump to the pushing end. At this point everything still worked, shortly after this I didnt hear the pump anymore and the ses light comes on. Threw code 0410 which was the air pump. I plugged the hole on the vac line where the check valve was and completely took out the big valve thing with the hoses. The car is an 02 so i had a small electrical piece on the intake that i plugged up. However my air pump wont come on at all now...Is this because of something that was disconnected??
Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

did you disconnect the power wires at all that go to the pump? i dont know exactly what you did but if the pump isnt working you could have shorted it and blown the fuse, so i would check that first.
Sounds like the computer learned that something was wrong with the AIR system and shut it off and gave you the ses light.
Honestly, i would just rip the whole thing out and just get the AIR codes tuned out. I tuned out the air pump and the cats DTC with my predator....
Old 07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No I didnt disconnect any of the wires. I just disconnected the vac lines and the large hoses I even left the plug in on the little solenoid thing on the intake. This morning my air pump started working after i reset the pcm only to come again for a defective knock sensor.. It hasnt pulled a code all day for the air pump. Although I havent heard the air pump since this morning but I take it that the pump only comes on after the car has completely cooled down. I'm working right now on the cash for a tune I just hated the underhood clutter.