Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR!/EGR! check list...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR!/EGR! check list...

Well i got the block off plate set from ws6store came with three plates...this all i need?

i need a free plus for the Lid correct?what size...

is there anything else ill need to plug/block anything off?

This is a 2000 SLP SS BTW...and yes i have read the how to pages but didn't find any that was that helpfull to be honest...
Old 08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll need a plug for the EGR hole in the intake manifold unless you're going to an intake without EGR (LS6, FAST, etc.). I made a plug for mine, but a 1 3/8" expandable freeze plug will work. If your AIR pump is pulling its air from the lid then you'll need a plug there as well (most aftermarket lids go with a separate breather filter though). If you're careful with the gaskets where the AIR and EGR mate to the manifolds you can get away with reusing them. If you remove all of the AIR solenoid on the driver's side coil bank you'll need a 1/2" long #4-40 screw and RTV to plug the vacuum line which runs from the back of the intake manifold. You'll also need to tune out the AIR & EGR codes or you'll be looking at the SES light on your dash.