Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers, not entirely satisfied

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers, not entirely satisfied

I got my Pacesetter headers and TSP ORY today from Texas Speed. The coating looks real good but there are a few things that are kind of unnerving about the whole package.

-There is weld partially blocking the O2 sensor bung on the drivers side header that will need to be ground down before anything goes into it.

-The collector of the same header has been ovaled and the y-pipe wont slip fit onto it. What would the best way to straighten that out be?

Other than that, the headers and Y just need a few hours or dremeling to remove all the burrs from the ports, etc.

Just posting my experience with the Pacesetters thus far. Updates to come. Also I got two 12" O2 extensions, will those be long enough?

-Justin
Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

Well, with Pacesetters, it really boils down to getting what you pay for. It is really a $250 header with a $100 coating job..so you can't expect a ton.

As for your problems..the ovaling likely happend in shipping..steel is soft, and can bend easy. There are two ways to fix it. You can either use a ball pean hammer, and a towel and bang it out your self..or take it to an exhaust shop and let them use a cone tool to bang it out.

12" O2 extensions seem to be on the very end of what fits..it is close..but will work.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. Truly a testament to Maryland Speed's willingness to always be helpful.

I used a U-bolt clamp (exhaust clamp) and tightened it in such a way that it would circle it back up a bit, now it fits. I will be getting the O2s exchanged right away. Apparently it was a packaging mistake because TSP doesn't even stock 12" extensions. Otherwise i'll just clean them up and hope for the best!