Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Position sensor HELP!!! Codes listed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle Position sensor HELP!!! Codes listed.

I got two codes after porting my TB. The went on a 3hr trip after porting plus two days of driving and when at the car wash. I put it in drive and it ENGAGED hard. I checked the fluids and that problem seemed to go away.

P0122 was one code and P0113 was the other.

The PO122 Throttle position .... I think is the problem because I can go to WOT and it falls on its ARZZ.

I have had NO problems until today. Even on my trip up it was just fine.... No racing since just a trip to the car wash and now WTDH?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like the throttle stop mod was done too far. Did you cut the stop down when you ported the TB?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

P0113 is high input on the IAT sensor. Since both IAT & TPS sensors are wired in the same loom, I would check there first.

Wires may have been distrupted during TB install.

Also, the problem may not have showed up until the car wash. This area could get wet during the high pressure rinse.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Wash

Oh no I just washed the rims I didnt wash the engine bay. I didnt do the stop mod as my autotap wont work with vista it blue screens. I was planning on doing it though.

I only ported the TB and put it back on. What sensor tells the engine/tranny that I am at WOT?

If I manually change from 1st to second to third its ok but breaks up in the higher RPMs.
Its fine accellerating fast at about 20 percent throttle but if I go past that to quickly it immediately falls as if im cruising.
I picked up a TPS sensor from Autozone not sure if itll work or not they said I cant take it back if it doesnt so i want to do as much trouble shooting as I can.

I did clean the TB with oven cleaner man it had GUNK all inside of it. It was submerged in water a lot. The wierd thing is I just started having problems today after all that driving.

Forgive the long posts I am just trying to paint the clearest picture I can.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I took the TPS sensor off to replace it I found a LOT of water. Replaced it and all is good in the hood now.

When I ported it i submerged the TB in the water several times with several cleaning agents.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Electronics don't really like to be washed. Glad you got it figured out.