Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default A few questions.....

Ok, I have a couple of questions I need help with. First, I bought a 99 Camaro SS and the guy I bought it from gave me a Nick Williams T.B. Its really big but I'm not sure if its a 90mm or a 92mm. Will this bolt up to a stock LS1 intake? Second, what is the horse power difference between Long Tubes and Mids. Third, Will I lose power running true duals with dual bullets? or should I go with a good Y-pipe and one bullet? Fourth, do they make a 90mm air lid, mass air and all the tubing to connect it all together so there is no resistance of air flow to the T.B.? If so where do I get that. Fifth, I just bought a Tremec MN6 (im sure i didnt spell it right ha) what does the MN stand for?
My car has a mild cam. (he didnt have a cam card so I dont know exactly how big but it def has one in it), Ported and polished 5.3 heads, 85mm T.B. Mid length headers, Spec stage 3 clutch, stock gears, and a programmer. Just give me a "rough" estimate as to what this car is putting down. Thanks and please be patient with me. Im still learning about this new school motor stuff. My old school Carb. iron block stroker motor cars kept gettin raped by this new school stuff so if you cant beat them, join them lol thanks again guys!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the headers and dual exhaust questions, I would check the stickies:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...e-posting.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-pics-too.html

I can't really help you with your other questions though, as I don't have any personal experience with them. Good luck though.