Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THe F**ing injector clip

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THe F**ing injector clip

Started pullen my manifold off and was going will until I hit the third injector back clip on the drivers side....the damn thing wont budge, I have pushed the clip in and wiggled it until the tips of my fingers feel bruised, any tricks on pulling out injector clips...Help

Zach
Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok third on back is off, now it's the forth YAAAAAAAA...why can't it ever be easy
Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you push the clip in make sure it stays down in the grooves. Alot of times one side will pop up out of it and wont release. Hope that helps.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks I finally got it off...So far time invested with what you see is an hour and 15 minutes...I had to disconnect the solinoid or vacuum thing to gain better access to the last fuel injector clip. Can anybody tell me what it is. It is the picture with the screw driver pointing to it. Should I put it on right now or wait until I install my other manifold? Also I pulled the check valve out of the booster and and had a huge hiss or pressure release, should I have done this or did I screw up?
Attached Thumbnails THe F**ing injector clip-manifold2.jpg   THe F**ing injector clip-manifold-install.jpg   THe F**ing injector clip-manifold3.jpg  

Last edited by Zaxz28; 10-08-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

that is the solenoid for your air system. I took it off completly when I put my headers on. Not sure your mods but if you plan on ever getting rid of your air system thats a piece of it. And also that big solenoid that has the two rubber hoses going into it. Not for sure what check valve your talking about. If your talking about the hose that goes to the brake booster just disconnect it at the booster and feed it through when you pull the intake out.

Couple things to becareful if the intake has never been out before:
There is a clip that hold the knock sensor harness to a bracket on the intake. Make sure you get it off before you go pulling on the intake. The wires for the harness are very little.

Also when your feeding the booster hose out becarefull not to get hung up on anything and becareful not to break the oil pressure sending unit
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks I apprecieate the help, yeah instead of just taking off the hose I just pulled the plastic piece that it connects to out of the booster all of a sudden hisssss. Don't like sounds I am not familiar with. First time changing a manifold on an ls1 so I am worried about just about everything.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Good luck and post up how it goes.