Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

texas speed ory (new design)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default texas speed ory (new design)?

ok, I already have my long tubes (hooker super comps), magnaflow exhaust, and everything else to install my exhaust (locking header bolts and longer o2 wires) all i need now is a ory. I was going to go custom but it will cost me about $300 and i just dont have the money so i was looking into the texas speed ory and how their "new design" with the better merger is. I tried searching but only the older design comes up. Has anyone tried the new design on their car? how is it? thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the new design on my car. it has cats, but the ory is the same minus the cats. there are some pics in my sig of it.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

i just installed mine a couple days ago with tsp 1 7/8s headers and magnaflow catback. imo the merge is pretty good but not as good as some of the pics ive seen of the magnaflow merge but it gets the job done. i was quite impressed with how well it tucks up to the floorboards although sometimes while driving it does hit the floor pans. overall i like my exhaust setup. its pretty quiet until you get on it. or if you like loud and obnoxious exhaust like i do sometimes get a nice 3" cutout in the i-pipe. really it makes my exhaust much louder than i reallly need it but its fun to scare off ricers when they slide up next to you and u just hit 1 button to open it and rev it up. they normally get scared and dissapear lol.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

ok cool, thats basically going to be my set-up lol. I plan on getting a cut out when i get enough money. where in the i-pipe did you put it, at the beginning right after the y-pipe or in the back near the rear wheels?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

i have the new tsp 3in ory and love it. i have my e cutout (dmh) on my i pipe and the guy who installed it put it pretty close to the y pipe.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk why but hte picture are shitty. there is a spot under the passenger side rear seat that has a perfect indention for a cutout. if you look under the car you'll know exactly what im talking about. thats the place where everyone puts theres unless you do duals before the y.
Attached Thumbnails texas speed ory (new design)?-img_5756.jpg   texas speed ory (new design)?-img_5757.jpg  
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

ok, i ordered the tsp ory, and when i put a cut out in ill remember that spot twitchtwice. thanks