Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv in totally differnt place

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv in totally differnt place

ok finally found pcv not infront of intake on passenger side with warming strap, but where line comes from back of engine to passenger side valve cover about in the middle of valve cover length the line is covered with a foam covering and there is a bulge there that you dont see in any pics of this line online. so i split the foam and looked and there it was this definatly factory because it was all sealed up the whole line from right side to left side of engine is sealed with this foam also instead of a warming strap that braided line that should bolt to front of block then snaps on pcv it has a metal sleeve that snaps on pcv then the same metal sleeve has a little finger that snaps under the head of a valve cover bolt (weird ). it still has original pcv car has 36k on it, took tb off just a slight film of oil inside intake didnt see any puddles but couldnt the greatest all the way to the back throttle plate very slight film on it maybe just alittle dark colored barely wiped off on my finger very dry also no oil in pcv line from pcv to intake. has anyone seen the pcv located there before im not using any oil to speak of 1500 mlies on oil and still full. also i already purchased a fixed oriface pcv should i put it in or use my original since it seems to be working so well. any response would be great as i am very surprised at what i have found
Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that should be the crossover from the DS valvecover to the pass side. it will come out ot he DS VC in the rear right next to the intake. the only other PCV system on the early ls engines is the ls6 style that comes from the valley cover
Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

According to the service manual, that is the location of the PCV valve for 1998 F-body.

1998 Pontiac Firebird

Emission Hose Routing Diagram

(1) To HVAC
(2) To Power Brake Vacuum Boost
(3) EVAP Service Port
(4) To EVAP Canister
(5) EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve
(6) Throttle Body
(7) EGR Valve
(8) Crankcase Ventilation Hose
(9) PCV Valve

1998 Pontiac Firebird
Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joecar
According to the service manual, that is the location of the PCV valve for 1998 F-body.

1998 Pontiac Firebird

Emission Hose Routing Diagram

(1) To HVAC
(2) To Power Brake Vacuum Boost
(3) EVAP Service Port
(4) To EVAP Canister
(5) EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve
(6) Throttle Body
(7) EGR Valve
(8) Crankcase Ventilation Hose
(9) PCV Valve

1998 Pontiac Firebird