Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback on Dynotune From Hp

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on Dynotune From Hp

I was reading and checking out some of the posts people had about a dyno tune on a stock car. Alot of the post, tho not all, said how it wasnt worth the money for such a small upgrade and how u really cant tell the differnce. Well i took my 2000 z28 which is fairly stock, only small bolt ons, exhaust, intake, throttle body, tranny tunes etc., to Hurricane Performance (Mostly a mustang shop) and decided to do it. The toon didnt take real long and soon enough it was off the dyno and ready to roll. The Tune gave an impressive 40+ hp and from wut i can tell so far a little bit better gas milage. When i got out to the street i could tell from just regular driving how much of a difference there was. Its a **** load touchier than it was and drives amazing. It almost feels like a different car. Sorry for the dragging on. Long story short the tune was well worth it, and i HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for some easy extra horses. Was fairly cheap and worth every dime and if ur in the Jacksonville FL area Hurricane Performance is deffinantly the way to go! Thanks for reading, Chris.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets see the dyno sheet. What kind of dyno? Did they street tune at all or just on the dyno?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was a perfromance tune. Changed shift points, rev-limiter and and over all feel of the car.. I cant beleive how big of a difference it made! Car is pushing 310 htrw and 328 torque without the cut outs, So roughly 335-340 motor. Pretty impressive for a somewhat stock (auto) Z. I will post the sheet though.