Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which heads to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which heads to go with?

I run 1/8th mile and don't care about hp numbers, just et numbers so with that being said I am looking for some opinions on 2 sets of heads. I have been looking at the TSP heads, the prc215cc cnc ported heads and the prc stage1.0 ls6 cnc ported heads. I would be putting a cam in the car but not a noticeable one due to the fact I want it to sound stock. Will also be spraying a 150 to 175 shot. Any opinions on these heads and if it would pick me up enough to worry with?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:15 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the budget oriented combo, the LS6 heads would be a very nice addition. You can typically expect about 25-30rwhp on a 6 speed car from swapping LS1 heads out for the PRC LS6's. If you want a head that will be able to grow with you down the road, handle the larger power adders, and give you all the power gains you can get without the sacrifice, then the 215's are for you! They are a bit more of an investment up front, but will make the better power every time!

We can set you up with a package including the heads/cam/pushrods/bolts and gaskets/etc that you'll need to get you to your goals! Let us know when you're ready and we'll be glad to help!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks man, it will be after the first of the year before I can do anything.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No worries, let us know if you have any questions between now and then

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!