Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header clearence questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header clearence questions

i am getting a set of pacesetter headers and tunnel mounted torque arm for lt's, my qestion is will i have any clearence issues if i run a true dual setup instead of a y-pipe?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

quoted from the sticky:

Q. What kind of ground clearance will duals give me?
A. Duals usually will sacrifice a little ground clearance. It really depends on how custom they were designed as well as how well they are tucked up. I have seen some where they are very close to the ground and others that are almost at stock height. My duals are tucked up far and I never hit them, I scrape my headers before I scrape the duals. Ground clearance will also depend on the size of the pipes you use.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

im not worried about ground clearence im more worried about hitting the torque arm or other peices on the body/suspention since i am moveing the arm from the trans to the brace
Old 11-28-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ah, well i think the general idea is still the same. i depends on the size of the exhaust and how you rout it. if you look through the true dual sticky you can see how people have routed their exhausts differently. i'd get the cross member mounted torque arm and build your true duals around it. it can be done.