Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got pacesetters, which mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default which mufflers with X-pipe?

i just got in my pacesetters in and man they are nice. deffinently the best headers for the price around. i wanted them to have AIR tubes in them but they dont. oh well, off goes the AIR system. anyways on to the rest of the exhuast. i am not sure if i what to put out the money for a y-pipe and catback. i really havent heard a catback that i like exept maybe the Borla but that is to much money. i know that the single flowmaster for f-bodys sucks and i really dont like the way that sounds eather. really the only exhuast that i love is a 3" dual exhuast with 2 chamber flowmasters. i have had this system on my 69 camaro for years and years and i really love the sound. i wonder why no one has done this on an LS1 yet. they seem to work awsome for the mustang guys, and my big block 69 camaro. in matter of fact, when i removed them completely from my 69 i went from a 10.49 to a 10.44. then latter on i put the mufflers back on, ported my heads and went 10.02. this shows to me that they are not really restrictive at all. now since the 69 is put up, i was thinking of removing the flows, cutting them off of the pipes and have them installed with an x-pipe on the LS1. i think that it will sound awsome and if they are good for 10.02s plus, then why not. what do yall think.

Last edited by taqwache; 12-14-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

TTT. come on people what do yall think?
Old 12-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with an x-pipe? i like bassani, had them on my mustang, sound awesome. with a y-pipe, i like SLP TOL. but thats just me.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everyone is gonna say o they dont flow good but screw it, i think the flowmasters sound the best of anything out there
Old 12-14-2003, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
everyone is gonna say o they dont flow good but screw it, i think the flowmasters sound the best of anything out there
thats exactly what i think. i just dont under stand that it will hurt my car if it didnt hurt my old big block.