Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter y pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to get back in here.

I don't have a dyno comparison between to two y-pipes. Something like that would need to be tested back to back on the same car, same day, etc. So far the new design seems to be working better than the old design and merge is quite a bit better. Definitely a nice improvement in that area.

You shouldn't have any clearance issues with them. Even on lowered cars, there is enough adjustability to allow you adjust the maximum ground clearance and keep the pipes off the underside of the car.

I'll see if I can get the new pics updated on the site. We have been trying to get our new site up so the current one hasn't gotten the attention that it needs.

Jon

Last edited by Jon@Texas-Speed; 01-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The merge on the pacesetter Y leaves much to be desired. What's even more disgusting about the merge is that while it looks like it doesn't merge together very well, once you cut it apart to see just what's going on inside you find out that the pipes mate up about as well as a kid trying to cram the square block into the triangle hole. Here's a picture to show what I'm talking about:

In factory trim the Pacesetter Y rivals all others in ground clearance by the use of a squished portion of pipe under the drivers seat. It's also only two pieces, something that I can't stress enough if you aren't going to be welding it together as the more joints there are the more chances you have for leaks. And, it utilizes the oem hanger on the passenger side... not sure if that's important but I liked it.

Lots of us have gotten the best of both worlds (clearance and flow) by fabbing in a 4" flowmaster merge. I couldn't be any happier with mine.

Here's a review I did right after purchasing mine:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...er-y-pipe.html

And here's some pics of my Flowmaster merge on a Pacesetter OYR:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-ory-pics.html