Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CME question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CME question

Hey guys, i have a 02 ss with cme performance exhaust.does this exhaust flow as good as some of the other aftermarket cat backs like loudmouth hooker or gmmg. need to know before i spend money. thanks guys.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meSSman02
Hey guys, i have a 02 ss with cme performance exhaust.does this exhaust flow as good as some of the other aftermarket cat backs like loudmouth hooker or gmmg. need to know before i spend money. thanks guys.
NO! I have the same thing. The slp muffler does flow very well and outflows many of the aftermarket mufflers out there, but not the two you mentioned. I just got done adding the gmmg to the cme tips, and the power increase is there, but the sound is the shix. My best mod so far. I would not change a thing. I FLAT OUT LOVE IT.

Anyways, heres a couple pics.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how was the install? dideverything bolt right or did youhave to do modifications
Old 12-17-2003, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meSSman02
how was the install? dideverything bolt right or did youhave to do modifications

Install was a pain in the ***. Thats being truthfull. Best thing to do is call SLP, order two 90deg bent pieces of pipe, take your car to a muffler shop, have them cut them to lenght, expand the ends, test fit, and BINGO, it works. I tried the "I can do it myself" did not go to well. The muffler shop tried to bend pieces earlier, but the bends just took to much pipe diameter out. The slp pipe 90's are the same diam. throughout the bend. Worked GREAT!!

If I took the slp pipe route the first time, them I would say piece of cake. But I didn't
Old 12-17-2003, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Install was a pain in the ***. Thats being truthfull. Best thing to do is call SLP, order two 90deg bent pieces of pipe, take your car to a muffler shop, have them cut them to lenght, expand the ends, test fit, and BINGO, it works. I tried the "I can do it myself" did not go to well. The muffler shop tried to bend pieces earlier, but the bends just took to much pipe diameter out. The slp pipe 90's are the same diam. throughout the bend. Worked GREAT!!

If I took the slp pipe route the first time, them I would say piece of cake. But I didn't

I guess I should mention, cut the 90's on the stock exhaust. You will have to cut the intermediate pipe as well. Get the car on a lift, my jack stands wouldn't go high enough to keep the slp over the axle pipe together, I ended up cutting it. Then I had to get the car higher to get the gmmg over the axle.

That way by cutting the 90's before the tips, and the intermediate pipe, you save the slp exhaust. Mine is in lots of pieces. I was told by Matt that you cut the pipe just before the 90's, expand the pipe to get the cut pieces out of the 90's and the two stock 90's would slide right on. Mine didn't. Yours may. I don't now.

Anyways, if you go my route, I have the part #'s for the pipe from SLP.
Let me know.