Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Coil/Bracket to LS1 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Coil/Bracket to LS1 Conversion

I have/been reading online about people with LS1 mounting Truck coils to their engine. A guy dyno 7-8 hp gain with doing nothing but changing these coils, but understanding his had high mileage, makes sense, i guess. New coils for the LS1 seem way over priced....i have picked up the mounting brackets and coils/wiring/connectors off of a truck engine. I have not tried to install yet. Like i mentioned the HP gain is a plus.....but the overpriced coils is the main reason for the conversion to me. I was wondering if anyone has done this or seen this. How much trouble? Do the connectors work? (Plug and Play?) Do the mounting brackets bolt right up?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the brackets and supplied harness that comes with the they will work, the drivers side would not bolt on completly on my car I had to modify the bracket a little now they fit perftect its not worth the swap in my opinion I doubt you will gain anything some people have even lost power with this swap.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Thanx, i guess im gonna give it a try since i already have them....
Old 12-31-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

there is a huge thread about this only a few away from the one you made....fail...