Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Catback?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bassani Catback?

Im tired of the corsa falling apart so im going to order a new catback.
What do you guys think of bassani? It looks like a nice setup. Has anyone had any problems with it? i was gonna run an ORP off my LT's so i was hoping it wouldnt be toooooo loud ?

what do you guys think? opinions please!!

thanks

jamie
Old 12-18-2003, 06:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I have it. I've tried about 7 different systems on this car and Bassani is my favorite so far. I too am using an ORY, and let me tell you, it's pretty loud. Not LM type loud, and not raspy either, just plain old loud. Not too bad just for cruising, but when you go WOT, everyone will hear you.

As for quality and fit, both were perfect on my system. Only thing is the band clamp they give you to seal the I-pipe to the Y-pipe and the other band clamp for the over-the-axel pipe are trash. They would not seal at all, so I just swapped them out with a regular crimping type clamp.

As for flow, I would assume it flows great as you can look right through the muffler.

It doesn't sound quite like any other system I've heard yet; it's VERY aggresive, and very deep sounding.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

I use either that or Magnaflow both are stainlesss and they both fit awesome. Sound is very simalar too. I have good pricing on either system. I keep the Magnafolw in stock.

Nate
Old 12-18-2003, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the reply guys.

looks like ill give it a try