Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Y-pipe and Loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Y-pipe and Loudmouth

Question; Would it be better/beneficial to run loudmouth with a y-pipe verses loudmouth with stock setup? I'm definitely looking at going with the loudmouth exhaust and was wondering if I should get a y-pipe as well. Should I stick with SLP for the y-pipe?
Old 12-22-2003, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

If you dont plan on doing Lt's in the future you can get a y. Otherwise with Lt's you'll be replacing the y again. The stocker flows good for what it is. Only real diffrence between the stocker and a aftermarket y w/ stock manifolds is the aftermarket will be a lil bit deeper sounding and a lil louder. You wont pick up much hp with it, just sound. I have a Bassani y w/ Magnaflow cats and loudmouth. I get alot of compliments with that setup, but when i had it done i wasnt planning on doing Lt's. Now i am. So that will all be a waste money. Just make sure you know what you want before you do it. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 12-22-2003, 03:35 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev98Ta
If you dont plan on doing Lt's in the future you can get a y. Otherwise with Lt's you'll be replacing the y again. The stocker flows good for what it is. Only real diffrence between the stocker and a aftermarket y w/ stock manifolds is the aftermarket will be a lil bit deeper sounding and a lil louder. You wont pick up much hp with it, just sound. I have a Bassani y w/ Magnaflow cats and loudmouth. I get alot of compliments with that setup, but when i had it done i wasnt planning on doing Lt's. Now i am. So that will all be a waste money. Just make sure you know what you want before you do it. Hope this helps. Good luck!
couldnt of said it better myself.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:05 AM
fff
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hooligan_27
Question; Would it be better/beneficial to run loudmouth with a y-pipe verses loudmouth with stock setup? I'm definitely looking at going with the loudmouth exhaust and was wondering if I should get a y-pipe as well. Should I stick with SLP for the y-pipe?
I have an SLP Y-Pipe and Loudmouth (Single slash tips) I will sell for 300 plus shipping. They are both used, and in good shape. I can send some pics if you are interested.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

could not tell much diff on hp but sounded great when stock. if you plan on doing any big mode like headers , cam , no cats dont go with loud mouth, too too loud
Old 12-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the input guys! Looks like I need to think about whether or not I am going to do LT's anytime soon.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fff
I have an SLP Y-Pipe and Loudmouth (Single slash tips) I will sell for 300 plus shipping. They are both used, and in good shape. I can send some pics if you are interested.
Is this still for sale if so send me pics. I need to get a y-pipe and cat back immediately!!!!!!!