Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers and y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headers and y pipe

what is a good fitting header and y pipe i do not want the cats and i do want long tube headers i used hooker super comp on my lt1 car
just want something thats not gonna be rattiling and not beeting the floor pan
Old 02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

use poly motor mounts .use hangers and rubber isolators to secure the Y-pipe and the rest of the exhaust.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used pacsetter headers and a y from TSP. I did get some floor pan bump from the y though. I thought it was a good combo. I ended up ripping out the Y and the Loudmouth because it was too loud and went with a TSP rumbler and bolted those to my headers. If you can afford to wait for a True Dual setup I'd reccomend it. You'll be happier in the long run. Easy install too. The setup shouldn't cost you much more $$ either. Think about it and talk to the guys at TSP.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not so much the brand of header that results in banging exhaust.

The only real insurance against a banging Y-pipe is by upgrading your motor mounts to either polys or solids.

I highly recommend doing them while you have the exhaust manifolds out of the way.

Upgrading the mounts should really be included in every LT install. Some don't and end up not having any trouble, but others do and wish they had done them while the headers are off and outta the way.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lke mentioned above the Pacesetters would be a good choice. You can put a set of them without redesigned ORY and you shouldn't have any issues at all. The headers fit really well and the new y-pipe allows for a lot of adjustability to ensure a nice fit. We should have both on the shelf and ready to go. You would be looking at $489.99 + shipping for the coated headers and ORY. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks!
Jon