Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla adjustable CB with cam and e-coutout vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it just bolt in? do you have any pictures? does it go in where the baffle is? I have Borla also and might be interested in this.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

yes it just bolts in where the adjustable plates would go. However, I am not sure how it would effect the passenger side tip. I cut mine off so I didn't have to worry about it. I just had a shop make a cutout for me in the I-pipe and use a stanard 3" 3-bolt flange and it worked flawlessly. I will see if I have any pics when I get home.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FST SS
does it just bolt in? do you have any pictures? does it go in where the baffle is? I have Borla also and might be interested in this.
Thanks
As LeftySS said, it just bolts in. If he cannot find any pictures, I will upload some whenever I get home.

FYI, the unit is about 1/2"-5/8" thick, so it will definitely push your passenger tip out. Lucky, Borla has a clamp and sleeve located post flange and you can adjust it accordingly. Unfortunately for me, my exhaust has been in place untouched for a number of years, maybe 6+, and was stuck.

I pulled the post flange tip section from under the car, and attempted everything shy of a torch to get it to loosen up, and nothing worked. I could not even get the two pieces of pipe to rotate, or budge one inkling of a **** hair. This caused the brackets for the tip hanger to be completely fubar. There was no way possible I could get the tab on the tip high enough to slide between the two rubber hangers and get a bolt through. Everything is so out of proportion that the rubber hangers would practically have to bend 50+ degrees just to meet the tab on the tip. I ended up just getting the bolt into only one of the rubber hangers. I think this though is due to poor installation from whoever put the unit on because the passenger tip stuck out farther than the driver side to begin with, and adding this chunk of steel in the equation, brought it out of the realm of possibility.

Before I attempted all that, I had tried several times to leave the tip mount in place, bolted and secure and slip the cutout in between the flanges. The problem here is that the joint would get all distorted and not allow the butterfly to open or close depending on the initial starting point. This is mostly because the previous owner broke one of the flange studs off, and only two are securing the flanges together. Had the other one been there, it may have turned out differently. For now, it will remain the way it is. One day I may ez-out the stud and replace it, and get everything all lined up.

Sorry for the long post, Adderall is in full effect.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my cutout for my Borla today from DMH. They have a special cutout for the Borla as well. I asked why and they indicated the flanges on the borla are different than your average cutout.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Regular

anybody have any pics?
Thanks