Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats my setup worth

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats my setup worth

Ok guys here is what i have got its a 2000 model FRC upgrades are gonna be a set of slp tuned length headers dumping into a set of there hi flo cats and a 3in slp h-pipe finishing with a set of borla stingers.Car also has an ls6 intake a set of 28lb injectors and a halltech stinger cai.who would yall suggest i send my computer out to to get a mail order tune?and what should i expect my rwhp to be?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:49 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

why slp headers into slp exhaust....and why a mail order tune and why run cats just wondering ?....you would probly get alot more horsepower if you went with longtubes and no cats to an x-pipe....your cats can be tuned out of your computer and it will still pass emmissions...i have a little over 800 in my exhaust setup and thats everything new....hooker longtubes ceramic coated and a texas speed off road x pipe with dynomax bullets dumped before the axle...it sounds badass and should get me some horsepower gains as well...and u will also get more out of a true dyno tune because every car is different...
Old 02-18-2010, 10:50 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

im saying 360ish horsepower....also depends if its an auto or manual trans...port that throttle body and do the bumpstop mod as well !!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
why slp headers into slp exhaust....and why a mail order tune and why run cats just wondering ?....you would probly get alot more horsepower if you went with longtubes and no cats to an x-pipe....your cats can be tuned out of your computer and it will still pass emmissions...i have a little over 800 in my exhaust setup and thats everything new....hooker longtubes ceramic coated and a texas speed off road x pipe with dynomax bullets dumped before the axle...it sounds badass and should get me some horsepower gains as well...and u will also get more out of a true dyno tune because every car is different...

The headers are longtubes,I bought the complete setup including cats and h-pipe from f-parts it was all matching. the reason for cats are i don't want my car to sound like a log truck coming down the road My car is a 6 speed with 3.42 gearing.As far as the tune goes i figured with no more than ive done i could just send it in to someone and get almost as good of a result as dynoing it.when the head and cam swap comes thats when i will take a trip to get it tuned.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:31 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Frost for tuning...

I'd say you're in the 350ish whp range.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Teching In

thanx,how would i get in contact with frost?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Board sponsor---------------------------------------------------------------->

Sent you the link as well...