Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cutout muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cutout muffler?

so have you guys ever herd of somone putting a muffler on a cut out?

i was talking to this stang dude and he had the stock cat back and a e cutout going thru a glasspack.

i think this would be pretty cool bc it can be quite and stock when u want it and loud and still sound good(cutouts sound like **** if you didnt kno! only good for power imo)

has anyone else herd of this?

what yall think?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Regular

That kinda defeats the purpose of a cut out don't you think? There is a reason he's a stang dude lol. I goes like this: crawling, walking, bicycle, moped, dirtbike, ricer, mustang, f-body or vette. He will see the light and you should cut him off as a friend before he damages your way of thinking. Just kidding of course but it seems very silly and pointless to do such a thing.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha i have to deal with him! he is my partner in auto body class lol

But if you get a good high flow tru muffler then shouldnt it make it sound better and only restrict it just a little? it would flow better then TD and sound kind like then(well as loud)
but you could have it quite when you want? like when u sneakin home lol
Old 02-19-2010, 02:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DCC!!
haha i have to deal with him! he is my partner in auto body class lol

But if you get a good high flow tru muffler then shouldnt it make it sound better and only restrict it just a little? it would flow better then TD and sound kind like then(well as loud)
but you could have it quite when you want? like when u sneakin home lol
Not true. True duals flow better due to the x pipe design or something like that even with mufflers. Something with the way the gases exit the exhaust. All I know is that I picked up 8 more rwhp with duals than I did with an OPEN cutout so no way would I put a restriction on the end of a cutout. And they sound 10 times better to boot. Tell your stang buddy to get some duals and do back to back dyno or track tests.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yeah i forgot about the scavenging thing!

haha yeah he needs a LOT more then true duals done to his car befor he makes fun of his car like that! haha
he always got pissed when we would run. he was way to happy when mines broke! i thinks its sabotage!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what does everybody else think?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it is a waste as well for power. If you are doing it for pure sound I guess it would be ok, switching between two mufflers through the cutout. Seems like your gonna have way to much stuff going on under your car though!