Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jason00ss
although i do like the sound of my setup, i have a magnaflow bullet sitting in the garage waiting to be installed, hoping that will smooth out the rasp and popping/cracking
and what is ur setup?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know all the previous posts have the best of intentions in trying to help you find an exhaust system that you will enjoy on your car. Kudos, gentlemen, but I must add the following in defense of the LM systems.

All the aspects of SLP's Loudmouth Catbacks that have been mentioned are 100% accurate when you are mating it to LT's/ORY. But not everything about LM exhaust is negative when you add LT's.

You do have the option of matching the LM to LT's and a Catted Aftermarket Y-pipe. It will most definitely still be loud (you posted earlier that "loud" isn't a problem), but the cats help to eliminate some of the less desireable noises that an ORY allows.

In my opinion, LM's idle is second to none. Low and mean. And when you're on the throttle it gives your ride the unrefined sound of an untameable beast.

If you like loud, don't rule out either of the Loudmouth Systems, with or without LT's.

Originally Posted by offroadfury6
I do like cheaper lol...now the TSP rumbler exhaust, how loud is it? does it compare to the LM1's sound quality?
The reason the TSP Rumbler System is cheaper is due to it being constructed of aluminized exhaust tubing, while all the LM Systems are made of Stainless Steel. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Good luck with your choice, man.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

that saying has always been true mumbles. so far i'm still set on Loudmouth...I love the sound of V8 horsepower...I understand what alot of people say about LM1's but I dunno, I still think I would love it...
Old 02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool.

If you're interested, I have a couple Youtube videos of my car. Just search Cottonwood121 and you should have no problem finding them.

The first is with Loudmouth and the factory manifolds, cats, and Y-pipe.

The second is when I added Jet Hot LT's and a Jet Hot Catted Y. Like I said, it's ******' loud.

I apologize for the length of the vids. Once the camera starts rolling, I kinda get carried away.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Cool.

If you're interested, I have a couple Youtube videos of my car. Just search Cottonwood121 and you should have no problem finding them.

The first is with Loudmouth and the factory manifolds, cats, and Y-pipe.

The second is when I added Jet Hot LT's and a Jet Hot Catted Y. Like I said, it's ******' loud.

I apologize for the length of the vids. Once the camera starts rolling, I kinda get carried away.
nice bro...how are those jet hots working out for ya? I read somehwere where someones jet hots flanges had cracked.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

They'll have been on for a year in April, with maybe 300-400 miles on them, if that. No trouble to speak of yet.

Kinda wish I had bit the bullet and invested in a set of stainless steel American Racing Headers. But I'd have to say, I got a pretty good deal on my Jet Hot's, so, considering that, I'm satisfied.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by offroadfury6
and what is ur setup?
i posted a video and description up higher but anyways, pacesetter lt's, ory, loudmouth