Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had arh do a 3 1/2 out of the y, now that is going to limit my choices... I just thought that there would be more systems available that had options for 3, 3 1/2, or 4....
Old 02-24-2010 | 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

I decided to go with the Mufflex 3 1/2" with a Spintech and single out. I'll let y'all know how it sounds!
Old 03-25-2010 | 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member
LS1Tech 10 Year

Received 255 Likes on 210 Posts

PICS..........and sounds
Old 03-25-2010 | 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

ARH fitment is perfect! I installed 1 3/4" headers and ORY and had no problems whatsoever, they just slid right in.
Old 03-26-2010 | 01:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
On my setup I am using American Racing 2" headers that have 3.5" collectors, their y-pipe(which has a realy nice merge) and a 4" Magnaflow straight through muffler. Flows good enough for my setup.

Are you having it dumped before the axle or going all the way out the back in the stock location?
Similar to our setup and I am just amazed at how well the 2" primaries and the massive y-pipe fit in and under the car! I'll have to get a picture of how much room there is with such massive exhaust, it appears (and it may only be my perception) that they fit so well there is more room with the 2" headers than our old Pacesetter 1 3/4" headers.

We are also running the 4" Mufflex with the straight through Magnaflow muffler.

Last edited by Azrael; 03-26-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-09-2010 | 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toadzq8
I have the ARH's with ORY and the SLP dual-dual with small cam, getting close to 400 RWHP with the setup and is not loud at all. The ARH's are the best fitting set of headers I have ever installed, good pick!
How does it sound with this exhaust, is there any rasp?

Also for those of you with the catted y how is clearance do you loose more than the offroad y?

If any of you have video of you set up can you post it, esp if you have the dual dual or dual dual cme, I have been searching but have not found very much.
Old 04-09-2010 | 05:38 AM
TECH Regular

ARH worked great for me and they service was excellent as well.

tony
Old 04-09-2010 | 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welldonecj7

Also for those of you with the catted y how is clearance do you loose more than the offroad y?

If any of you have video of you set up can you post it, esp if you have the dual dual or dual dual cme, I have been searching but have not found very much.
I have the regular Dual-Dual not the CME,

There is not much diff clearance wise between the two Y-pipes, where the cats are the body has more room, where the drivers side bends over to meet the merge is were it normally hits and at that location there is no diff in the pipes.

I don't have rasp, I had Nick at ARH build me a y pipe with a larger collector at the merge about 10" long. When I got the pipe I made a stainless divider that I welded between the pipes inside the collector where they merge and made the collector into two chambers then tapered it down into the 3" inter pipe cured the rasp not sure why but it did.

Picture of the divider I made
[IMG][/IMG]

Where it went into the collector at the merge
[IMG][/IMG]

Picture under the car showing the collector
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-09-2010 | 09:55 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

That looks great under the car!
Old 04-09-2010 | 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn, this just reminds me how much i wish i would have waited to get some ARH oh well, if i go big, these will be my choice. looks good under there!
Old 04-09-2010 | 10:17 AM
Launching!

That exhaust looks great. Did you go from a 3 1/2 merge back down to a 3" pipe?
Old 04-09-2010 | 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
I have a similar setup, with the ARH, Catted Y and GMMG with a TR224. It's a bit louder than I'd like (er, it's a bit louder than my neighbors would like) but it sounds awesome.

There is some rasp in the 1800-2400 range, but it's not obnoxious.

Someone asked me to put this together after I put the exhaust in. I've had this setup for about 18 months, (though about 10 of them the car was in storage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpUYd9CaUZA
Old 04-09-2010 | 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
I just finished putting the 1-7/8s on today actually. The praise they get for fitament is not over exaggerated - they slid in perfectly and fit like a glove. No interference issues. Easier to get in then my old 1-3/4 TTS headers were.
Do you happen to have any pics of the fitment? I want to step up to 1-7/8" headers but not sure what company to go with yet.
Old 04-09-2010 | 12:31 PM
Launching!

I ordered a set of ARH 1 7/8" headers & offroad y-pipe earlier in the week. I was hesitant to drop $1200 on headers & y-pipe but I read many reviews and not once did I read anything bad about ARH; it seemed like everyone said they slipped right in with zero issues and tuck up nice to the car. Since I am lowered that was a big selling point. SS was also a requirement. I don't want to be replacing rusted out headers. These are the last set I'll ever have to buy for this car. I guess you get what you pay for.

They will be hooked up to my Borla exhaust. Has anyone heard this combo in person? Super loud?
Old 04-09-2010 | 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toadzq8
I have the regular Dual-Dual not the CME,

There is not much diff clearance wise between the two Y-pipes, where the cats are the body has more room, where the drivers side bends over to meet the merge is were it normally hits and at that location there is no diff in the pipes.

I don't have rasp, I had Nick at ARH build me a y pipe with a larger collector at the merge about 10" long. When I got the pipe I made a stainless divider that I welded between the pipes inside the collector where they merge and made the collector into two chambers then tapered it down into the 3" inter pipe cured the rasp not sure why but it did.

Picture of the divider I made
[IMG][/IMG]

Where it went into the collector at the merge
[IMG][/IMG]

Picture under the car showing the collector
[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks for all the input guys. From what i understand the CME and the dual dual are the same catback, just different tips. I have tried searching and talked with slp and ARH and they think that this exhaust will connect to y without any problems is that they case with your set up? (little confused about if you had to do the " had Nick at ARH build me a y pipe with a larger collector at the merge about 10" long. When I got the pipe I made a stainless divider that I welded between the pipes inside the collector where they merge and made the collector into two chambers then tapered it down into the 3" inter pipe cured the rasp not sure why but it did." or just did it to help with rasp.)
Old 04-10-2010 | 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLOW30th-TA
That exhaust looks great. Did you go from a 3 1/2 merge back down to a 3" pipe?
Yes, 3 1/2" collector at the merge tapered down to 3" I-pipe. seems to work well making 400 RWHP with just a small cam, LS6 intake.
Old 04-10-2010 | 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the collector with divided chamber has been something I have been playing with for a couple of years just to do something about the rasp. This the third Y-pipe $$$ I have gone throught working out the problem and this setup seems to work. will try to get a audio file Sunday and will post it if I can figure out how.