Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG Is On!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG Is On!!!

After enduring the past week with everybody closed for the holidays, I finally got my SLP Dual/Dual swapped out for my GMMG Chambered Exhaust today with the oval tips.

See it all from beginning to end here:

http://www.geocities.com/somhawk2002...k2002pg28.html

I can't believe how awesome the Firehawk sounds with this exhaust!

Dyno sheets coming soon...

Thanks to GMMG for their very generous discount on this amazing catback and thanks to Billy and Jimmy at Prospect Muffler for an expert installation at a great price!!!

Last edited by Dawg One; 12-29-2003 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

You will love it very much i love the sound of my gmmg. Now all you gotta do is slap some long tubes on their. Sounds so much more like a muscle car, it really woke up the exhaust alot.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Dawg!! Welcome to the club...you're about to discover just how a 6-pack, a lawn chair, and an idling car can be quality entertainment!!

Old 12-29-2003, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats! Once again I've gotta say its the best sounding exhaust, I'm glad its on my car. One thing I plan on doing while my car is under construction is taking off the GMMG and polishing it . I can't wait to see how it will look!
Old 12-29-2003, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Got mine installed today as well. This exhaust is the $h!t. I have been turning heads all day. The best part was not hearing the exhaust on my car, but hearing it on one GMMG's 427 cu. in. ZL1s. I drove to Marietta to have the exhaust installed for free instead of the free shipping and it was well worth the trip. Kodos to Matt for working me in for the install. As soon as I got there they stopped working on one of their cars and had my exhaust install in about 20 min. We spent about an hour there total just talking about cars. Think one of the guys there has just about talked one of my friends into putting an LS1 into his Sonoma. Lightning
Old 12-29-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Wow!
I'm like totally jealous!
Unfortunately, I live all the way at the FARRRR tip of Florida, so a trip to Atlanta for a free install was out of the question. Would have loved to have GMMG themselves set me up, but my shop does a great job.

I had a similar experience; I had Tom Henry himself demo the sound for me on one of his SS's two years ago at the Winter Nationals in Kissimmee and it was kind of scary; thing literally shook the ground.

I've got to say that I'm the type of person who REALLY researches everything before doing it (heck, took me almost 4 months to finally order my Firehawk) and I read a lot of threads and watched a lot of online videos and listened to a lot of online sound clips and just couldn't find a reason NOT to purchase the GMMG, especially after they graciously knocked nearly $100 off.

I imagine that this exhaust will do everything I want it to do and have no regrets about getting it.

For anyone sitting on the fence on this like I was: You've got TWO days left in the GP; visit my webpage (if cheap Geocities doesn't shut it down) and get that order in. You won't regret it!

Thanks Ron and Matt for the cool e-mails responses
Old 12-29-2003, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to hear you're liking it man. Just got mine put on a couple of weeks ago and haven't cruised with the radio on since than hardly. It should have been on the car to start with. While Carl Black didn't follow through on it, I'll never know, but at least it's on there now. I agree about getting the headers put on though, it really turns the exhaust into a different beast. That's actually gonna be the next project, cause I heard one of the 35 Anniversary SS's over there and it wakes it all up. Hope you continue to enjoy it man.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone know where I can find a decent clip of GMMG?
Old 12-30-2003, 06:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Anyone know where I can find a decent clip of GMMG?
I have yet to hear a sound clip that will give you a true feel and sound of this exhaust.

Al
Old 12-30-2003, 07:20 AM
TECH Regular

I did a complete start up, revving, WOT and rundown video of my SLP dual/dual before I left the house yesterday and will do the same with the GMMG today or tomorrow.
Problem is, I've got a VHS-C format tape and I don't have a way to get it onto the computer???
Old 12-30-2003, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wild thing
You will love it very much i love the sound of my gmmg. Now all you gotta do is slap some long tubes on their. Sounds so much more like a muscle car, it really woke up the exhaust alot.
No kidding! I thought the GMMG behind stock everything else sounded good on my car until I got the chance to hear another LS1 with the GMMG that also happened to be running FLP LT headers w/highflow cats and damn... I couldn't believe how great it sounded from idle all the way to WOT (just pure deep muscular rumble at any rpm). I even thought it sounded "better" than the true dual X-pipe set-up I heard on yet another LS1.

Glad you like it,

Mike
Old 12-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Another happy camper here GMMG sounds badass,just got my qtp long tube headers y pipe and 3500 tc today.woohoo
Old 12-30-2003, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a sound clip but dont know how to post. Like DARK AGE said the sound clip doesnt do it justice. love my gmmg
Old 12-31-2003, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

It will be my next exhaust, I've heard to many of the Berger Camaro's not to
love this system, I just hope it won't be to loud with my LT's and off road pipe's.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53
I have yet to hear a sound clip that will give you a true feel and sound of this exhaust.

Al
Exactly! However, here is a link to a couple of clips of mine that I posted a while back...keep in mind that my camcorder does crappy mpegs...

Before H/C

After H/C
Old 12-31-2003, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

Working on a hopefully good quality clip of before and after GMMG clip, but will need someone to host.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Me Too!
How do you get non-digital video onto the computer???
Old 12-31-2003, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Alright,
HERE is the almighty GMMG Chambered Exhaust on my 2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Firehawk Trans Am.

Luv Them Shiny Oval Tips!!!

Old 01-01-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn...those oval tips are a perfect fit for the T/A's rear bumper!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dawg One
Me Too!
How do you get non-digital video onto the computer???
You need a video capture card with a "breakout box" and an analog to digital converter. The breakout box will accept analog inputs and allow them to interface with a video capture card. I've seen setups that work with firewire interface and also with USB interface...