Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to drop tranny....can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to drop tranny....can I do this?

Just completed an engine swap and have everything installed, but the hydraulic quick-disconnect connection is bad and need to replace the slave. Very frustrated, but need to do this with the least amount of part removal. It is a bunch easier to drop the tail of the tranny to get to the top two bolts, but can I do this with the full exhaust installed? Will it place forces on the headers and bolts that will damage them? Thanks.

Good news....engine started up and sounds freakin' awesome. The 232/234/112 cam is bad ***!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Anybody? Need to get this done...thanks.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Teching In

you might have to remove your Y-pipe depending on your set up inorder to drop the tranny... it can get in the way
Old 03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

If its easy enough for you i would get the exhaust out of the way makes it alot easier. It willlet it drop a little more and should set the oil pan on the cradle, just to be safe hook a strap under the oil pan so it prevents and stress on the pan. Just pulled mine over the weekend man i hated that top bolt. I hooked enough extensions on so i could hook the air impact on it from the tail
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

When I pulled mine I unbolted the trans from the bell housing , pulled the trans out and then unbolted the bell from the motor. Way easier IMO than trying to get to those top bolts on the bell with the trans still in there.