Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another freakin problem (fans wont turn off)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another freakin problem (fans wont turn off)

Anyone know why the 2 fans wont turn off?? I removed the egr and the air emissions. Even took the pump off from under the headlight? Would that have anything to do while the fans wont turn off? Just did the header install and it sounds awesome! Very impressed.. But, fans wont turn off. Any suggestions?

OK.. The Tempature guage doent work either? I broke the tem. sensor during the header install but put a new one in. Could a fuse have burned out?

Last edited by waterbug1999; 12-31-2003 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Anyone know why the 2 fans wont turn off?? I removed the egr and the air emissions. Even took the pump off from under the headlight? Would that have anything to do while the fans wont turn off? Just did the header install and it sounds awesome! Very impressed.. But, fans wont turn off. Any suggestions?

OK.. The Tempature guage doent work either? I broke the tem. sensor during the header install but put a new one in. Could a fuse have burned out?
The fans not turning off and the temp guage not working are the same problem. Make sure that the dealer or parts department gave you the right sending unit.If they gave you the wrong one the car will fluid, fans will turn on and the gauge will not work. There are two sending units for the car , one is for the guage and the other is for the engine control unit. Make sure that the one you broke is the same one they gave you.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wild thing
The fans not turning off and the temp guage not working are the same problem. Make sure that the dealer or parts department gave you the right sending unit.If they gave you the wrong one the car will fluid, fans will turn on and the gauge will not work. There are two sending units for the car , one is for the guage and the other is for the engine control unit. Make sure that the one you broke is the same one they gave you.
The temp. sensor i bought from napa looked the same. but still guage no work and fans spin constantly.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
The temp. sensor i bought from napa looked the same. but still guage no work and fans spin constantly.
Before you kick yourself again call them in the morning and make sure that is the right one. The two sensors look the same but have different values that they send out.also check all your wiring around were you pulled the dipstick out for a disconnected sensor.Let me know what you find or if I can help you.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wild thing
Before you kick yourself again call them in the morning and make sure that is the right one. The two sensors look the same but have different values that they send out.also check all your wiring around were you pulled the dipstick out for a disconnected sensor.Let me know what you find or if I can help you.
Will check around the dipstick now and i guess i will take the new one back and get more into detail with it from napa. Hell, maybe even take that one back and get one from another parts store (if they are open tomorrow)
So, even though they gave me one with slightly different values would that not make it work at all (no temp. reading and fans wont turn off)?

Last edited by waterbug1999; 12-31-2003 at 06:15 PM.