Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started my Pacesetter install

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 05:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Started my Pacesetter install

i got all the header bolts out on the drivers side and half on the pass side...both air tubes and egr are off...all 6 of the manifold bolts snapped off lol...the only thing a little tricky about my car is the borla was welded on by the previous owner so ive got to do a little cuttin there but overall everything is going well and im about 2 hrs into it with no help hopefully by the end of the night most of the exhaust will be off and tomorrow ill have the pacesetters on and i can get it started...whats the easiest way to get out the dipstick tube? just from the top and wiggle it till it comes out?

lata
Bill
Old 12-31-2003, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foff667
i got all the header bolts out on the drivers side and half on the pass side...both air tubes and egr are off...all 6 of the manifold bolts snapped off lol...the only thing a little tricky about my car is the borla was welded on by the previous owner so ive got to do a little cuttin there but overall everything is going well and im about 2 hrs into it with no help hopefully by the end of the night most of the exhaust will be off and tomorrow ill have the pacesetters on and i can get it started...whats the easiest way to get out the dipstick tube? just from the top and wiggle it till it comes out?

lata
Bill
Im guessing they are the LT's right? I just finished my pacesetter header install today.. Yea, just unbolt the bolt on the side by the dipstick and just wiggle the hell out of it and itll come out.. Just did the same exact install that you are doing.. So, i will hlep ya any way that i can. But, my car has problems starting now.. It runs way to rich and kinda floods itself out. I need to go drive it and maybe itll work itself out.. Im VERY impressed with the way they sound though...
Old 12-31-2003, 06:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your stock header bolts broke off in the head or hte manifold? Did they snap easily?
Old 12-31-2003, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by black_z
So your stock header bolts broke off in the head or hte manifold? Did they snap easily?
He was reffering to the 6 bolts (3 on each side) Were the cats bolt up to the stock header.

Four of mine broke as well. They were the ones where the cats bolt up to the stock headers (3 on each side). I was glad they broke so i didnt have to on unbolt it all the way..lol!
Old 12-31-2003, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That is a real help from the member of this boad,that's i love ls1tech.com
Happy new year !!!
Old 12-31-2003, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fastsspr
That is a real help from the member of this boad,that's i love ls1tech.com
Happy new year !!!
Found out why its running rich. Well, my temp sensors for some reason are not working. So, its all messed up till i can fix the temp prob.

PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 08:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well ive got everything done on the drivers side...and the old ypipe and cats are off...all thats left is to get out the pass manifold and put in that header on the drivers side it went right in after i got the casting nub off, thanks for the tips guys...its very easy if you use a sawsaw...i used my die grinder for a bit but it was too slow so i busted out the the saw and bam came off in like 2 minutes...while i was at it i cut the old ypipe off where it was welded up previously so all is looking well but i might have to run on open headers till i get it alll welded up again...i have flux but im not sure if id trust myself just yet ahh well ive got nearly 3 hrs till i ring in the new year maybe i can run on open headers hehe thats a party in itself

lata
Bill
Old 12-31-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey foff667 I noticed your pacesetter install pics on your web page. Right now it is just pics of the headers but when you are done will right a detailed install instructions with pictures on there. I want to install these myself so your instructions will be a big help.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigMAC
Hey foff667 I noticed your pacesetter install pics on your web page. Right now it is just pics of the headers but when you are done will right a detailed install instructions with pictures on there. I want to install these myself so your instructions will be a big help.
yah I'll post up some pics definitly as well as give a little writeup...the only problems ive had so far were cutting off the casting nub, I had to clearance the kmember using my sawsaw as well and the last bolt and plug wire on the pass side are a bitch, also since my borla was welded on i think im gonna have some issues getting that to slip fit with their ypipe...other than that few issues most of the aformentioned were already known to most so i had a heads up on what to do which was great. If anyone has any tips on getting to that pass side rear header bolt let me know how

lata
Bill