Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid water pump issues on '99 Z.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid water pump issues on '99 Z.

Over the last couple of months I put a new GM water pump on the car.. It seemed that right after installation, the new thermostat that came w/ the pump was bad. No big deal, I took the thermostat out and all has been well. Today I finally had time to pick up a new thermostat for the car and it's doing the same thing. The radiator boils over and there's no coolant getting past the thermostat. This is the LS2 style water pump. I never had this problem w/ the old pump and only replaced it because it had a slow leak!

Any ideas? Could the water pump be bad?

Thanks.

- Dustin
Old 03-17-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

air pocket??
Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

That's what I would think. I've tried letting air bubbles bleed out with and without the car running.. While running the temp gauge just keeps going higher and higher..
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dustin AZ
That's what I would think. I've tried letting air bubbles bleed out with and without the car running.. While running the temp gauge just keeps going higher and higher..
try raising the front end up that way the air pocket will rise,also try squeezing the radiator hose to "burp the system.you could even remove the vent pipe hose from the front cross-over pipe and wait till you have a solid stream of fluid there. also make sure you have your heater going on high(hot) no defrost.

Search this Thread