Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Poly. motor mounts winning battle!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Poly. motor mounts winning the battle!

Can one of you fellas that have installed Poly. motor mounts give me some tips? I am in the process of installing these Prothane mounts and when I attempt to install one of the through-bolts, it throws the other side way off. I`ve been trying to get one side in (through-bolt) and then stick a pry bar between the cross member stand-off bracket and the clam shell and try to force it to line up but with no luck. I`m also doing it by myself, which doesn`t help. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by 02 Silver Z; 01-02-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just to make me seem that much more pathetic, I have the heads off the car so I can ,for the most part, get right at them.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:33 PM
12 Second Club

When I replaced my passenger side mount, I started the bolt in from the front side of the motor. After I got it started, I used a floor jack on the transmission to get the back side hole to line up to the correct height. Then I used a scrap piece of 2X4 and pryed the motor over from the wheel well. When I got the hole lined up I jammed a center punch in through the hole to hold it there. Then I rammed the bolt all the way through to finish up the install.

Just try to use the jack to raise and lower the motor to the right height first.

Joe
Old 01-02-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good set of instructions here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/99615-poly-motor-mounts.html
Old 01-02-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That`s the write up I`ve used for the install. He did his @ two different times. First the drivers side and then the pass. later. I wonder if he had the same problem?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

took me a long *** 6 hrs of h ell doing mine, nothing ligned up right, just get a few people to move the motor and wiggle the bolts in, get the ones in the block first cause thats aluminum u dont wanna cross that. then work on gettin them in the kmember