Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACCUSUMP in an F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ACCUSUMP in an F-Body

Start to mount my accusump.

I wanted to put it where the air pump was behind the left front bumper. I was glad to see it would mount horizontal no problem. I want to use the 4 mounting holes front the air pump.

I found a scrap piece of aluminum that looked like it would work. I went to the shed to trace the hole pattern from the air pump.

I saw the double hole pattern and the vibration mounts so said what the heck. I used a small saw blade cutter in the dremel to make the rubber slot large enough.

I made some spacer out of a scrap of Delrin.

Anyone whose interested I thought the accusump itself was real well made.

The bummer part is I wanted to use the forward Oil galley plug. Some guy with a Vette said he did. Well there is not enough room behind are alternator! So I'm going to the remote filter route. At least there is enough room up near the accusump to put it in there as well.

Ed
Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Any finished pics or are you still working on it? Thanks for the post.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was yesterday, spent til 3:00 morning ordering what need to finish the install. Not being able to tap into the oil galley main behind the alternator caused a big shift in plans,sucked.
I don't like the idea of a sandwich adapter as our oil filter is so low.
I ordered a remote filter adapter from canton. I was looking at the remote filter mounts and I came across the remote canister filter from canton. It was almost the same price as remote oil filter mount. Well I ordered all the SS braid hose and fittings. The price is a little steep. I'm around $700.00

but I suppose never having to say your sorry to your LS3 Stoker is priceless!

Quick Reply: ACCUSUMP in an F-Body