Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lingenfelter intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an LS6 block so I couldnt tell ya about the LS1 lines, but I would go ahead and get a LS6 valley cover while you have the intake off.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't going to take the chance of trying to push the coolent pipes down get it all together then have to take the damn thing apart again.... One time is enough for me.....
Old 04-03-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 7th Darkness
I have an LS6 block so I couldnt tell ya about the LS1 lines, but I would go ahead and get a LS6 valley cover while you have the intake off.
Hey 7th noticed you have a convertible too, looked at your pictures damn sharp man....Black is the way to go....
Old 04-03-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zaxz28
Hey 7th noticed you have a convertible too, looked at your pictures damn sharp man....Black is the way to go....
Ahh thanks man, nice car your self.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

has anybody with the bbk ever had a problem with fitment issues?
Also can I port out my stock tb to 85mm or am I pushing it

Last edited by f-body_racer99; 04-03-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by f-body_racer99
has anybody with the bbk ever had a problem with fitment issues?
Also can I port out my stock tb to 85mm or am I pushing it
Mine fit just fine... eh, IMO opinion porting out your stock throttle body is just not worth it to me. I'd rather save up for a new, larger, one. Like a Nick Williams... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 85mm on the stocker is not even possible...
Old 04-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Mine fit just fine... eh, IMO opinion porting out your stock throttle body is just not worth it to me. I'd rather save up for a new, larger, one. Like a Nick Williams... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 85mm on the stocker is not even possible...
Are all the throttle bodys the same or is there a specific one that is good for power. Also does this help out with fuel economy or will it just make it a gas hog?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Are all the throttle bodys the same or is there a specific one that is good for power. Also does this help out with fuel economy or will it just make it a gas hog?
Power is dependant of your mods and how large the opening is vs. your intake manifold opening. Some throttle bodies are just known to "operate" better than others. As in there are some that work butter smooth, where others get stuck or are a pain to tune the car with.

Like I mentioned before, the Nick Williams throttle body is one of the best ones out there with a great track record. Vengeance Racing sells them, they are one of our sponsors. They aren't cheap, but they are really good. Of course there are plenty of others out there. But that's the one I recommend. I don't think it'll hurt your mileage any. Maybe even help it...
Old 04-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Power is dependant of your mods and how large the opening is vs. your intake manifold opening. Some throttle bodies are just known to "operate" better than others. As in there are some that work butter smooth, where others get stuck or are a pain to tune the car with.

Like I mentioned before, the Nick Williams throttle body is one of the best ones out there with a great track record. Vengeance Racing sells them, they are one of our sponsors. They aren't cheap, but they are really good. Of course there are plenty of others out there. But that's the one I recommend. I don't think it'll hurt your mileage any. Maybe even help it...
I did look in to the nick williams throttle body but i'm on a budget and their's no way that fits in it, have you heard anything good about the professional products 85mm throttle body?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I did look in to the nick williams throttle body but i'm on a budget and their's no way that fits in it, have you heard anything good about the professional products 85mm throttle body?
To be honest, I haven't really heard much good about Professional Products anything... supposedly they fixed a lot of their QC problems, but I dunno...

I think I heard good things about the RevExtreme throttle bodies...
Old 04-05-2010, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the bbk 85 TB, its nice. I had a problem with it though, upon flooring it, when it slams shut, it will stick shut. I just adjusted the adjustment screw up so its not closed all the way, now its fine
Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Smile

Well thanks alot guys I going to order the bbk intake today and I'm on a tight budget so i guess i going with the professional product throttle body just hope i dont have problems
Thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found out some more info on the Weiand Intakes. They no longer have the "Lingenfelter" Sieries and they just replaced the name with "Air Ram". They are the same intake in every way but in my opinion look better without that ugly little square logo on top.

You can get them in 3 finishes. Satin, Polished, and Everbrite.
You still need a TB spacer with anything bigger than a 77mm since thats what size the intake opening is.
It has its own intake gasket kit you have to order separate. Edit: The intake gasket kit comes it the intake. They made me order the kit and then it got here and the intake already came with the gaskets. So DO NOT order the gasket kit. They come with the intake along with all the hardware such as fittings, screws, bolts and hoses.
You still have to switch over to the LS6 coolant line kit.
There's a option for a EGR block off plate kit but that is around $50 for just a plate, screw and a freeze plug so I plan on buying just a freeze plug and adding my own plate later for looks.

I just bought mine off Holley's website and with the Satin intake and the manifold gasket kit the total was $456.99 Free shipping also!

Just thought I'd throw in what I found out.

Last edited by coxta; 04-07-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ebay is your friend found my bbk 80mm for a hundred bucks. Look for deals, they come up.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

As far as using a bigger TB on the intake, im running a pro products 85mm TB with no problem, the intake is aluminum, very easy to open up to work with bigger TB.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by coxta
I found out some more info on the Weiand Intakes. They no longer have the "Lingenfelter" Sieries and they just replaced the name with "Air Ram". They are the same intake in every way but in my opinion look better without that ugly little square logo on top.

You can get them in 3 finishes. Satin, Polished, and Everbrite.
You still need a TB spacer with anything bigger than a 77mm since thats what size the intake opening is.
It has its own intake gasket kit you have to order separate.
You still have to switch over to the LS6 coolant line kit.
There's a option for a EGR block off plate kit but that is around $50 for just a plate, screw and a freeze plug so I plan on buying just a freeze plug and adding my own plate later for looks.

I just bought mine off Holley's website and with the Satin intake and the manifold gasket kit the total was $456.99 Free shipping also!

Just thought I'd throw in what I found out.
Thanks man but i'm going with bbk I already ordered it.

Originally Posted by Zaxz28
Ebay is your friend found my bbk 80mm for a hundred bucks. Look for deals, they come up.
Yeah i've been to ebay but sometimes i think i might get ripped off

As far as using a bigger TB on the intake, im running a pro products 85mm TB with no problem, the intake is aluminum, very easy to open up to work with bigger TB.
So is it worth the money? was it the new kind or the old ones
Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
heat soak is an old wives tail, just like back pressure. its fabricated from ignorance in the attempt to explain the unknown. and, this being a big forum as it is misinformation gets spread rapidly.

and to clear up the confusion heatsoak DOES exist, but usually on cars with the old iron intakes, also they would have to be running pretty damn hot to make a real loss in power. aluminum dissipates heat much faster than iron...hence why back in the 60's and 70's racers figured out that aluminum intakes were all around better than iron(duh) and to this day there isn't a thing wrong with an aluminum intake. so go look under the hood of pretty much any car that runs in an NHRA class and see what material their intakes are made of. i'll wiat...
Never thought of it like that, but that theory and view makes a lot of sense to me.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

So is it worth the money? was it the new kind or the old ones
Well I guess its a bigger TB and plus the price is great. I guess its the new kind, I have not had any problems with it. I just ordered it a few months ago. Took me some time to open the intake up, all I had was a dremel and I also filled the the egr port so its just a smooth entrance into the intake.

Not to bad IMO.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Well I guess its a bigger TB and plus the price is great. I guess its the new kind, I have not had any problems with it. I just ordered it a few months ago. Took me some time to open the intake up, all I had was a dremel and I also filled the the egr port so its just a smooth entrance into the intake.

Not to bad IMO.
Alright thanks 7th Darkness

Quick Reply: lingenfelter intake