Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers?

After my throttle body mod, I'm probably gonna go with a good set of headers and cats. I have the loudmouth, it probably will be to loud. I've noticed a lot of people have put on some type of muffler for replacement of the resonator. I might just say hell with it and keep the resonator, but the cops will probably pull me over, what do you guys think? What would be a good set of headers to go with? I might just get a whole new exhaust system when I get headers, the whole dual/x-pipe concept sounds good to me. Tell me what you guys would do please?
Old 01-03-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My only problem with the Loudmouth isn't the fact it's so loud with headers, is that the exhaust tone isn't very smooth.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd get headers then go duals over the axle. There are tons of different headers out there, pick one you like in your price range. - Kooks, QTP, Hookers, FLP, Jet Hot, Pacesetters, Macs <-- all popular choices.

I didn't go duals because my car is lowered a good bit and I just didn't have the clearance. I got dual cutouts in my y pipe though for when I'm feeling giddy.

A lot of people just put a bullet muffler inplace of the resonator in the LM system. It's said to get rid of the rasp that is produced when adding headers to a LM system.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:17 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just read a few threads on page one through three, should cover enough info to answer your header questions.

i love my jet hots, picked them up used for a great price. whatever you do plan your system out BEFORE tearing off your current exhuast setup. swear i see to many people tear off there system and then ask what to do for a setup; duals/ or catback.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know, I can only read so many threads where people say "loudmouth is to loud" before I can't stand it anymore.

It should be "loudmouth is too loud."
Old 01-04-2004, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

I got the SLP and they look good