Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for modification suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for modification suggestions

I have a 2000 formula with an ls1
it currently has full exhaust with no cats
im looking for the most cost effective mod..im thinking gears or a stall..what would you guys recommend?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ugh another one...go read every sticky on this forum before you make another post.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard LS1Tech. SUSPENSION!!! Power means nothing if it doesn't go to the ground properly. My 2 cents.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 AM
TECH Addict

your vehicle has enough power as it is... depending on what your goals are, there's many places to start and the limits are endless. A4 or M6?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
your vehicle has enough power as it is... depending on what your goals are, there's many places to start and the limits are endless. A4 or M6?
He mentions stall. . .
Old 04-03-2010, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, as a newbie you want power power power! Then you take it down the track and it's spinning and wheel-hopping and bogging and it sucks. Definitely do suspension, I just started doing little suspension things and it makes a HUGE difference. Especially since these cars are getting older, higher mileage, bushings are wearing out, springs are sagging, shocks are losing pressure, metal is wearing.

I usually did one mod for power and then another mod for suspension/traction. Stall, then drag radials, shift kit, then LCA's, etc. LCA's and a torque arm are awesome for drag racing. Springs and GOOD shocks are great for street driving or for road racing.

Read stickies! The stickies for the suspension section are VERY in depth and well organized.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Whats up Steve, I found ya. So ill help you out some..

He's running an A4 but wants mostly low end torque and doesnt spend much time at the track. Traction isnt THAT much of an issue but the more modding that gets done eventually it will be.

What size stall would you guys recommend for a street car to go with some 3.73 gears? Also would the stock trans be able to handle the stall, gears and tune, with a trans cooler of coarse.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 PM

yes i am looking more for torque..i like low end power so in my case do you guys think gears would do the job? im open to all suggestions guys..
Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gears give the feeling of torque yes. but you have to keep in mind that you have tooth picks for axels. the only way to actually gain torque is to tear into the motor and start swapping.

so right now do not concern yourself with torque. just concentrate on the basics. do all the bread and butter bolt ons then a cam. also read everything. no srsly everything...