Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Few Questions

I am about to purchase a 2001 WS6 M6, in a couple weeks.. and am looking into a couple things, ive been searching but really havn't found the right answer...

For people who use these which would be a better choice..

SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust or Corsa?

Hooker LT's w/ ORYP or SLP LT's w/ ORYP?

thanks..
Old 01-05-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with SLP Loudmouth just because it's so much cheaper, and I heard some odd things about Corsa, but it costs a ton. And I'd go with Hooker headers, because I've heard better comments about them, and the SLP's hang very low to the ground.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:08 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Don't get SLP's if you plan on lowering the car,
There's also plenty more to choose from than those listed.
Good luck!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:10 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

know what your getting into with the LM, on a stock setup it sounds ****** great. when you add LT and ORY it sounds like ***. you'll to either run cats or modify your LM with a bullet in the I pipe or get a real muffler. just look at the countless threads on people wanting to change or modify there LM setups because they cant stand the drown or new found rasp. IMO the corsa isnt worth it, they got bad *** tips but if your gonna spend like 700 on a catback look into GMMG. or just skip the whole Y/catback route and go for some true duals. you'd be amazed on how cost comparative duals can be to a y/catback setup. soundwise i think it beats any catback.

as far as the LT, skip the slp's, if your gonna spend the 700+ then get some kooks/qtp stainless steel LT's. and get the jet hots over the hookers, same designed but improved upon a bit.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help, yea i have cosidered the idea of me wanting to do a drop so as stated getting SLP's wouldn't be a wise move..

Iv'e herd many many people here use Magnaflow exhaust, might try it out for the price and as many people use it, it shouldn't be that bad

The only thing with doing true duals is that im not really sure how to do it, I know I can get a X-Pipe Kit from Dr. Gas, and just go from there, but I see most people use turndown's before the rear axle, me personally like tips sticking out the back.. has anyone done it this way, if so got pics?!?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:21 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

search!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:24 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
search!

you can hear my magnaflow setup in sig. its jet hots, custom catted Y, and magnaflow. the 230 clip is before and after idle of the cam through the same exhuast.