Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough idle after jumpstart?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rough idle after jumpstart?

I had to jump start my car today since the battery went dead from sitting over winter and after it started it the idle would fluctuate up and down and it would run rough and my ses light was out, its always on since I put my long tubes on and have yet to get it tuned. If I shut the car off and restart it, it runs fine. I unhooked the battery after I got it home to clear any codes and it did the same thing, idled rough, shut it off and restarted and it was fine.
Anyone else have this happen?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to jump start my dead battery one time. It was disconnected and used to start another vehicle. I put it back it and had to put some jumper cables on it to start it. The computer had a hard time finding its idle balance. It didn't want to idle right. The car wanted to die out. It ran fine after a minute or two. I guess either the computer relearned itself. Or, the alternator put my battery back to the proper charge to make my car run fully.

Quick Reply: rough idle after jumpstart?