Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake and tb problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake and tb problems

Well i just installed a BBK SSI intake and a professonal products 85mm throttle body. And the problem is when press on the gas pedal half way it works perfect but at full throttle it down shifts and goes for about 5 seconds and then it just punks out on me, droping the rpms at 3k and slow down like if i were at idle. and thats not the only part after testing and tweeking with it I take off just fine 1st and 2nd gear are great but once i'm on 3rd it stops acclerating and I put more gas in and the only thing that moves is the rpms and redlines without moving the car like if it were in nutral. can any body help me also i have a A4 and dont have a tune.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any engine codes????
i have the same combo 85 bbk/ and 85 professional products..
my problem was that at wot my first gear would only go to about 4500rpm the it will shift into second it would never go thought the whole power band.
the only way i could actually go though the powerband was to hold it into gear. so pretty much manually shift though the gears.
Took my car to Cunningham (cms) Ryne said it felt like the tranny was giving out then found out that it was giving out a tps code... he deleted the code and everything was good after that.
also my car is a a4, shorty headers and gutted cats at the time.

also Try shifting it manually thought 123 might also be a that your 3rd gave out.. make sure u have trans fluid
Old 04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by -98-Z28-Darkness-
any engine codes????
i have the same combo 85 bbk/ and 85 professional products..
my problem was that at wot my first gear would only go to about 4500rpm the it will shift into second it would never go thought the whole power band.
the only way i could actually go though the powerband was to hold it into gear. so pretty much manually shift though the gears.
Took my car to Cunningham (cms) Ryne said it felt like the tranny was giving out then found out that it was giving out a tps code... he deleted the code and everything was good after that.
also my car is a a4, shorty headers and gutted cats at the time.

also Try shifting it manually thought 123 might also be a that your 3rd gave out.. make sure u have trans fluid
yeah its throwing 5 codes and on of them is p0123 that tps code. so it can be tuned out and will go back too normal
Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i got it dyno first time i ran it the air fuel mixture was up and down all over on the graph. he just deleted it and it worked fine.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by -98-Z28-Darkness-
yeah i got it dyno first time i ran it the air fuel mixture was up and down all over on the graph. he just deleted it and it worked fine.
thanks man you saved me a major headache
Old 04-24-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

is it fixed???
Old 04-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

sadly no i bought a new sensor but still its not working 3rd or 4th my tranny fluid was down so i added some more fluid and took it for a spin and nothing. I hope i didnt break my transmission.

Quick Reply: intake and tb problems