Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheres is ur manual cutout

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wheres is ur manual cutout

I was gonna put a manual cutout on the my trans am till i got a diff system later, after i do some other things to the car. When i went to have it put on they said the only place they could mount it was in the i pipe and its so far under the car i wont be able to reach it to open and close it. I want to be able to open and close it, and if this is the only place to put it then it looks like i will have to put an e. cutout there. I was hoping i could have it mounted all the way at the back right b4 it goes into the muffler to make it easy for me to open and close, but the shop didnt act like it was possible. Anyone else in here have a manual cutout on a stock exhaust?? I dont know what my next move is now. I may wait till i get an electric unit, or just look for a catback. I GOTTA get some sound outa this thing soon tho-its just to quiet!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what? how long are your arms? you should def be able to lay down and reach the Ipipe from the pass side of the car? most people put it under the pass side rear seat.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, thats about where they were sayn it could go, but they were acting like i wouldnt be able to reach under there to put the cap on and loosen or tighten the bolts. It made me unsure so i held off on puttn it on.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put it right there and you will def be able to reach it.

you can test to if you want, just lay down and put your hand on the ipipe. i can wrap my whold hand around it. the cutout of course will be closer than that as well.