Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORY with stock manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORY with stock manifolds

So I recently threw a check engine light in my bone-stock '02 Z28, had it checked out and turns out my cats are bad. So I was looking at a few options to see what was out there for an off-road Y-pipe for stock manifolds. Just wondering, for the people with stock manifolds and Y-pipes, what brand did you go with, and how do you like it? Any recommendations?

Also, I'll most likely be getting a cat-back as well (thinking of a loudmouth or another free-flow system), and wondering how this should sound... I like my cars to be loud, but I don't want it to drone, plus I want a good, non-raspy sound, if possible. I've heard that with LTs, ORY, and loudmouth it's ridiculously loud/raspy, but how about with stock manifolds?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are off road Y pipes for the manifolds but nobody really recommends them. Long tubes and an ORY are the way to go. This with a Magnaflow catback is a good sound.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have stock manifolds cats and y...i went with the SLP LoudMouth 1...i absoultly love it...heres my dyno video to give you an ideahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dDbD3KO_E