Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just dropped the hammer on an SLP CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Just dropped the hammer on an SLP CAI

Not the complete setup. I bought the SLP lid and cold air ram intake. I will use a paper filter and do the Home Depot DIY bellows mod. I picked up the two pieces from Maryland Speed and it will be delivered to me for 217 and change. How'd I do on price?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually a new lid and a CAI kit is in that ballpark. First mods?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a normal deal to me. Not sure if your going to like the whole bellows mod, from what I've had and seen nothing works better than the stock bellow. It dosent cost you power only reason I'd go to a different one is if I upgraded maf/tb or something. Have fun with the mods though you'll feel a difference!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yah, the bellows mod is something that may or may not make it on the car, I was searching and found a thread with pics. Seems pretty straight forward though. At this point, I may or may not do a cat back. If I can't get a decent gain on the SLP set-up, I won't bother. Gonna do the 3pt SFC for sure. As far as other mods, maybe a programmer. Nothing to radical, as this car, Firehawk #117 is bone stock and I really don't want to take away from it to much.