Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle cable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle cable?

when tuning we found it had slack... adjusted and it was back at 99% on the tps moniter..

now track day later i install the wot switch and put it where when by hand at wot when the butteryfly stops it activates and WOT just a lil before all the way back... get in the car rock it back by pedal to see if it activates and... no go.. can my cable be comign out of adjustment?

what to do replace cable? i havent had it on a tuner to see how far or what % the tps is showing.. but..... any ideaS?!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ta ace
when tuning we found it had slack... adjusted and it was back at 99% on the tps moniter..

now track day later i install the wot switch and put it where when by hand at wot when the butteryfly stops it activates and WOT just a lil before all the way back... get in the car rock it back by pedal to see if it activates and... no go.. can my cable be comign out of adjustment?

what to do replace cable? i havent had it on a tuner to see how far or what % the tps is showing.. but..... any ideaS?!
You need to have your TPS read full voltage when you open up the throttle (with your foot, not by hand) and verify that the blades are opening all the way. Then set up your WOT switch to where the TB opens up fullly (by foot, not hand).